We are so glad that you are a part of such a unique serving team made up of volunteers from many different churches and ministries in the Washington D.C. area!
FreedomFest|DC is all about linking local churches and ministries in relationship for outreach on the Mall every July 4th. It’s more than an event, it’s a relationship. In John 17:23, Jesus prayed, “… May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.” This is our prayer too. Over the years, many people have begun a personal relationship with Jesus Christ at FreedomFest|DC and found a biblically based church to be part of as a result of follow-up by the Reach Out Team.
We want this event to be a positive experience for you and everyone on your team! So we have put together our Volunteer Core Values to help make that happen. When you come down to the Mall to serve on July 4th, look for the FreedomFest|DC Volunteer Check-In Tent. Please check in here before serving.
We want all volunteers to read over our Core Values and agree with them before serving.
- We want all volunteers to agree with our Statement of Faith (also at the Volunteer Check-In Tent).
- People are more important than the tasks. Take time out today to meet people from other churches and ministries.
- No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone. It’s all about being a servant today with people on your team and those whom you serve.
- Pray, think and ask the Holy Spirit to empower you as you share the gospel with people. If you need it, take some time to receive brief evangelism training on how to share your faith at the Evangelism Training Tent.
- The first language of evangelism with people is love. Keep this in mind as you seek to share your faith with people.
- Take time out for breaks and enjoy the program too. Drink plenty of water!
- Take time out to pray for volunteers, bands, speakers and people that we will touch today with God’s love.
- Please remember that we’re here to serve and experience unity as a team (Philippians 2:1-5).
- Enjoy the day by also connecting with others in the body of Christ!
- Have fun!
Thank you for serving!
Jose Lopez, FreedomFest|DC Coordinator